Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The MEN in Grey Suits

Last night on the local news, there was a story about the tracking of a Great White Shark along the Florida Coast.  In fact, the story mentioned that the 2,200 lb shark was being tracked (via some GPS tracking system) and was located along the Cape Canaveral Seashore -- WOW, now that's close to Cocoa Beach!!!

So when is the sighting of a shark TOO close to say you can't paddle out into the lineup?

Today, I found myself contemplating this very issue!   Do I paddle out (since the shark was 10-15 miles north of here) OR do I sit on the shore and watch some nice waves and good surf pass me by especially since the weather is projected to turn cold over the next 48 hours!

SO.....I decided the risk outweighed the concern for the sharks in the water.  Anyway, there are always sharks in the water around Cocoa Beach...just NOT a Great White Shark!  BUT...I will tell you the thought of the shark did cross my mind a few times while I was out there waiting for the next wave.

Enjoy your surf and forget that humans are no longer at the TOP of the food chain in the ocean!

Check put the local news stories --

No comments:

Post a Comment