Friday, January 17, 2014

Surfing Buddies - Q

Well, it can be said that "Q" is one of those type of surfing buddies who really makes an impact on you.

Q is one of those guys who can talk you into skipping out of work to go catch a few waves…even if it is going to get you into trouble.  

Over the years, I've only surfed with Q a few times, but each time was very memorable.  Whether it was when the air was 32 degrees, the wind blowing at 20mph and the water was a miserable 58 degrees!  He was the guy who would show up and loan you some booties to keep you warm.  

Q is also a Shortboarder which makes him someone I truly admire as a surfer. But he's NOT just a short boarder, but he can mix it up just a easily on a longboard or fun board. 

One of my most fond memories is when he brought his brother Paul along and they were surfing handmade wooden surfboards that Paul designed and handcrafted in his garage.  The boards were masterpieces that would add life to any room as a wall hanger, but these two were shredding the East Coast waves on these logs…  It was a thing of beauty that I will NEVER Forget!

Mahalo Q…you make my surfing sessions the BEST!  I hope we have many more in the days and years to come!

BTW:  Thanks for keeping my stoke during the year long deployment with getting me a subscription to Surfers Journal which is a real surfer's magazine and not just a bunch of photos of guys riding tubes and girls in bikinis.



No comments:

Post a Comment