Friday, February 7, 2014

Surf Spots - 2nd Light

This is my FAVORITE surfing spot!   

You may ask WHY?  Why along the coast which is King of the smallest waves and King of the LARGEST SURF SHOP (Ron Jon's)?

But I do have a few good reasons!  First and foremost, this is the place where I learned to surf!  Yes, RocketBoy pushed me into my first wave at this spot in 2009!  I was hooked from day one and love to come back to the place where it all began!  So this place is special to me and always will be.  

While there are days the surf can be "better" at other locations along the Space Coast, I usually don't make the trip to any others.  I'd rather take my chances here at 2nd Light.  

Secondly, this is where Kelly Slater, 11x ASP World Champion, learned to surf.  Now I'm not saying that since this is both Kelly Slater's and my home surf spots that some day I'll be a ASP world champion, but…who knows!

Check out the site for 2nd Light.

Here's the specifics about the surf spot from WannaSurf.
SURF SPOT QUALITY
Wave qualityNormal
ExperienceAll surfers
FrequencyVery consistent (150 day/year)
WAVE
TypeBeach-break
DirectionRight and left
BottomSandy
PowerFun
Normal lengthNormal (50 to 150m)
Good day lengthLong (150 to 300 m)


TIDE, SWELL AND WIND
Good swell directionSouthEast, East, NorthEast
Good wind directionWest, SouthWest
Swell sizeStarts working at Less than 1m / 3ft and holds up to 2.5m+ / 8ft+
Best tide positionAll tides
Best tide movementRising and falling tides
MORE DETAILS
Week crowdFew surfers
Week-end crowdCrowded
DANGERS
- Sharks

No comments:

Post a Comment